Royal Jelly Benefits
Royal jelly benefits and nutrients are good for our health
Royal jelly is a product of honeybees that the bees use as food to feed their young ones and the queen. It is made up of proteins, sugars, fats, vitamins, salts and water. Royal jelly also contains vital amino acids that are also beneficial to man. Water takes up the largest part of royal jelly composition.
There are several properties of Royal Jelly
- A source of vitamins. It is rich in vitamins B-Complex. Vitamin B-6, otherwise referred to as Pyridoxine is important to the body as it is converted into pyridoxal phosphate and pyridoxamine phosphate in the body. These act as coenzymes for various metabolic functions that involve protein, carbohydrate and lipids. Vitamin B-6 is used in the treatment of isoniazid toxicity, treatment of pyridoxine deficiency. Vitamin B-6 is available as pyridoxine tablets or plainly as vitamin B-6 tablets. Vitamin C. Vitamin C is required for the synthesis of collagen, lipids, proteins and carnitine. It is also important in repairing tissues.
- A source of proteins. Royal jelly has plenty of proteins. These are complex nitrogenous compounds that are also found in animal and vegetable tissues. They are made up of amino acids and are necessary for the growth and repair of the body.
- A source of monosaccharides. These are simple sugar carbohydrates. They include glucose, fructose and galactose. It also contains traces of minerals that are required by the body for different functions.
- It has antibacterial properties and is effective in aiding healing from bacterial infections.
- Royal jelly has been noted to aid in the treatment of Graves’ disease (thyrotoxicosis). This is one of the autoimmune thyroid diseases. It occurs due to excessive production of the thyroid gland hormone (thyroxine). The excessive production occurs as a result of thyroid stimulating immunoglobin.
- It has anti-inflammatory and cholesterol-lowering properties and is therefore important for those suffering from diseases characterised by inflammation and those overweight and struggling to lose weight.
- It is incorporated in the manufacture of some beauty products, especially of the skin. This is meant to enhance the performance of such products.
- Royal Jelly is available commercially as food supplement. These can be found in chemists and pharmaceutical stores. However, not everyone can consume the jelly although it has a lot of health benefits. Those who have allergic reactions are prone to royal jelly allergy and are advised not to use it.
Is it beneficial for our health?
According to research done royal jelly has the potential to aid in improving various health conditions. Though this may be true, further research should be conducted, preferably long term studies lasting for several years that would confirm or reject it’s benefits for our health.
Royal jelly may be beneficial in improving the following health conditions
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Low Energy Levels
- Immune System
- Skin Benefits
Everyone loves royal jelly because of many health benefits it has. Me too!